Sunday, June 13, 2010

One Week Down

One week down. 125 weeks left to go. So here is Mark's schedule for this last week and what I am expecting for the rest of the year. Wake up at 5:30, study, go to class, study, maybe come home for lunch or maybe not, go to school, study, come home for dinner for an hour, go back to studying, till at least 9:30 or ten, then go to sleep. I am not expecting to see him very much.

So we are starting to get things figured out around here. It has already been over 110 degrees here for a couple of days and we even had a day in the low 80s too. I know a lot of people say the summers here are horrible and that it will really stink but so far I have loved it. I have enjoyed going swimming everyday. Maybe I will be changing my mind in July or August, I guess we will see.
Jordann has adjusted just fine and is loving playing all day and going swimming. James took a little longer than I expected. But I think he is okay now. I am kind of excited for him to start school so that he can have something to do and hopefully make some friends. Unfortunately most of the people here have smaller kids and there aren't many his age. I am hoping to find him a friend soon though.
I have found a group that plays volleyball every Thursday night! Hooray, volleyball! They are pretty decent players too, so I am excited that I get to keep playing. So my goal since I had to cancel my gym membership is to become a fitness instructor and teach a spin class. I love going to the gym and spin was my favorite class! Fortunate for me, there are several gyms around here. It is just a little bit more difficult to figure out how each club works and get the proper training but I am excited because I am taking a course on Saturday with LA Fitness on how to teach classes. The lady who is teaching it says it's a pretty intense class and that it is six hours long. So I started working out hardcore this week to prepare for this class. I have kicked my own butt by working out one to two times a day. I don't want to be the out of shape one in the class. I will let you know how it goes and if I get hired on!
So this is getting long, here are some pictures. We went the night before orientation started for Mark, to the Drive-in. Our big bash before school started and we wouldn't see Mark again for a long time!


The kids being silly with glasses. Jordann wearing James' glasses.James wearing my glasses!So I just discovered something today. Everybody in my family can touch their tongues to nose, except me!

2 comments:

crystal carlson said...

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the hot weather & swimming! That schedule sounds really familiar :) It's always fun when they pull all-nighters studying for a big test too! Good luck with the gym class, that would be awesome if you got to be an instructor!

Becky and Sundance said...

It sounds like you are all crazy busy... that's good.
I miss you! Tell the kids 'hi' for me.
Becky