I finally get to say that I am kind of bored!! Just KIND OF bored. Not too bored. My kids are at school all day, Mark went to his first day of work and Brin still sleeps quite a bit during the day. Plus we still only have one car that Mark takes to work. After all the craziness and stress, I finally feel like I get to relax and calm down and enjoy life a little bit.
We have been in Flagstaff for a few weeks now and I love it here. I love our house and our neighborhood. The kids love their school. We are only 3 minutes to the Olive Garden and 5 to Target! What more can you ask for? It is so beautiful here too. Last time we were here it was winter and I was so sick in my first trimester with Brin, plus we only had one car that Mark took to work every day. I couldn't wait to get out of here!
I just can't believe we finally made it! It seems to good to be true. I felt like it was never going to end. It was definitely a long hard road but one I can look back on in respect. I feel we grew so close as a family and that my marriage is way stronger too. I realized how much I need Mark in my everyday life, even if it is just to see him for a few minutes a day. I also love not being a single parent anymore! Mark helps with homework and dinner and the baby! It's so amazing!
Well I put my pictures in backwards so we will start with the most recent ones first.
My camera died after I dropped it in the river so I got to buy a new/used one for my birthday from my sis in law. I am in love with it. Here is a shot I got of Brin when I was practicing with it!
Here is Brin just over a week old. My awesome sis in law took these ones too. They are so beautiful I almost cried looking at them.
Here is Brin when she was a week old. My mom got me this awesome photo session for a present. This one was my favorite shot.
Blessing day. Jordann loves her baby sister and is the best helper in the world.
Mark's mom made her blessing dress. It was really pretty.
Graduation for Mark. These are his really good friends he made while in school. Friends for life, Johnny and Jed. Wish we lived closer to these guys. Let me just say how proud of Mark I am. I have never seen anyone work so hard for something in my life. He deserved this day and so much more.
Brin and Jordann in the hospital. It was love at first sight for Jordann. Thanks to Trent and Karen for taking care of our kids while we were in the hospital. It couldn't have worked out better.
Here is Brin in the hospital with the owl hat Traci made her. Looks so cute!
So now we get to live life again. Camping and Crook reunions, coaching volleyball and trips to Disneyland, I'm so excited. Just the little things have made me so excited I could cry. We hung up a clock and it was like Christmas to me I was so excited! When I got to buy a normal size of Joy dish detergent and big bottle of mustard and mayo and not have to worry about throwing it out in three months. My kids have their own rooms with their own closets. We get to buy a big Christmas tree this year. Having my bunt pan back....I missed that thing more than I thought I would! My bed! I was the most excited to have my bed back. The list goes on and on! I hope I can remember to appreciate these little things in life next year and again in ten years. I think we often forget how much we have and how blessed we truly are...I just don't want to forget.




2 comments:
You made it!!!! And what a beautiful baby too. This post is really great, it is so important to recognize the small things that make our lives so great.
congrats! you have been such a trooper i hope mark knows that not most wives would do what you have done. wish we were closer...could really go for a game night!
Post a Comment