Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!

So this is a good one. I am sure most of you are having a wonderful Valentines day with your spouses. You know, going to dinner and giving each other expensive presents and that kind of thing. I am not. I have been home practically all day by myself with the kids and I just ruined my favorite pair of boots and the carpet in my entryway with PINK nail polish! Are you kidding me??? I have been known to drop things, like cameras and cell phones and anything expensive. I don't know why I have this problem! It is like I am being tested with patience! Like I don't already live with Mark and Jordann!
So Mark is working tonight. I don't know if he has ever not worked on Valentines. I decided to paint my toenails for the primary kids tomorrow (by the way, I just got called into the primary presidency, ahhhh, the last time I was in primary was when I was in primary as a kid, What is sharing time?) and I was walking up the stairs with lots of things in my hands so I only had to make one trip. I felt the nail polish drop out of my hands and heard it brake on the tile. I looked down and it had splattered everything, including the first couple of stairs of carpet, the tile, my only decent looking sweats and all over several pairs of shoes. The shoes that got it by far the worst, were my incredibly cute winter boots that I wear practically everyday. Of course!
So if anybody has any at home remedies on how to remove nail polish from carpet and boots let me know so Mark doesn't kill me when he gets home! Anyways! Hope you all are having a great Valentines Day!!!
I did want to post some pictures of my kids making valentines cookies. It was a two day project and I think that I am going to make it a yearly tradition. Day 1:

Jordann eating the cooking dough! Doesn't that look appetizing!

Day 2: She just ate the frosting. She didn't do much decorating.

Yes, James is still in his pajamas! Oh, well!

This was Jordann's valentines outfit from Grandma and Grandpa Nelson. Don't you love the socks!

2 comments:

The Hardy's said...

I am so glad you are blogging now. You crack me up. Can't wait to come shopping. Sorry your valentine's day sucked. Maybe next year...yea right, I know your husband (workaholic much!)

The Hawkins said...

I'm so sorry. That story trumps everything that happened to me in the last couple of weeks. Your life sucks worse! We went to a Monster Truck Rally with the kids for Valentines Day. Real romantic!