So I put Jordann in a little tumbling class that she took with her friend. She really liked it but the poor girl is not very flexible! (Just like me and Mark.)
Here she is with her best friend in the world! There is barely an hour that goes by in the day without her asking if she can go to Journee's house!
Mark had a week off of school so we decided to hit the famous Sedona up. It wasn't too far from our house and we camped out. It was really beautiful and I would highly recomend it. Although I wouldn't recomend camping!! Funny story! So we went to this amazing camp site and were super excited because it was the best site we have ever had! Then, as it started to get dark I went to take Jordann pee just outside our camp and I saw a skunk!! It scared me, so scaring her! I went and told Mark and then we saw it again! So I decided to tell our neighbor campers and we saw it again, creeping up to our campsites! We were terrified of getting sprayed! That night we saw at least five or six skunks wondering the campsite! So we got in our tent and didn't get out until it was light outside! We decided to go home that day and not stay the next night like planned! Ever since, Jordann has been obsessed with skunks!
Mark has finished one quarter and has three left until he starts his clinicals. As he started his next quarter up he has been soooo stressed! He has to get an 83% in a couple of his classes or else it is considered failing!! So he is studying like crazy! We have also had a lot of changes in the program as a new director has come in. Our plans of moving to Florida for a year, have moved on. Once again our future is totally unpredictable! Who knows where we will be next June?
Some of you may know that I had a job interview with Delta. I was pretty surprised that I even got the interview with no real connections down here to Delta. I recieved the rejection email a few days later. I wasn't too shocked about it. I would have been fun to fly when I wanted though! A few days later I got a job that I am really excited about. Coaching club volleyball. What makes me so excited is the paycheck! I will be getting paid more money in one month than I did the whole season last year! It is also very flexible-I get to pick my practice times and days. I am just really pumped that I am going to have an income and get to do what I love! Next new thing with me-I am training for a triathalon! It is just the sprint triathalon-400meter swim, 12.6 mile bike, and a 3 mile run. I have always wanted to do a triathalon but have been terrified to the swimming part, pretty much because I don't swim. But the swim in this one is half of what it normally was so I figured I could doggie paddle that far at least! Just kidding, I have been googling swim techniques and been trying to teach myself how to swim! The first step for me was how to put my face in the water!! I have been getting tips from friends who know how to swim as well. I have only been swimming for about a week and I think I am getting the hang of it (I am even trying to learn how to do the flip-turn under the water)! It has been really good for me to have something to focus on other than that huge dr. bill I just recieved or the tiny apartment I am in that is covered in toys! The triathlon is in December, I hope I am ready by then! I can totally see myself doing this a couple times a year. After only a week and a half of training, I am eating like a horse!!
4 comments:
I'm glad you guys are doing some fun things! It's hard having your hubby gone all the time, but it sounds like you've made some good friends! Good luck with your new job!
Congrats on the new job it sounds perfect for you! Sounds like you are having some fun adventures. Miss you guys tons and tons!
Becky
We miss you!
Hey Linz! I was just thinking about you!! We sure do miss you guys up here! We did our whole Halloween thing in the rain this year- but of course it wasn't the same without you! I hope that everything is going great for you guys and you are enjoying your coaching job!! Love ya!!
Post a Comment