So life has been pretty crazy but fun for us the past month. We got to go to see all the grandmas and grandpas, we had a birthday and started football, Mark started his last quarter of school work, I have been coaching these crazy Arizonian volleyball players and trying without success to find a place to stay in Florida for six months (and teach
Jordann the letter A). I am so lame. I only took a few pictures while we went up to Idaho and Utah. So here we are at Big
Judds! The kids thought the hamburger was really cool.

You can't forget my favorite part of Big
Judds! The huge ice cream of course! (I ate the whole thing by myself!)
Jordann playing at Blast Off in the ball pit. We also got to do laser tag! James' favorite.

While we were in Idaho we went to the body exhibit. No cameras allowed. It was really cool and James loved it. He is our future Dr., nurse, surgeon, etc. and probably the only six year old that knows what a uterus and placenta are! Ha Ha!!
We also got to go to Jungle Jims with Grandma and Grandpa Nelson for James' birthday and go sledding at Grandma Noorlander's house. It was a good trip but definitely a lot of driving and not enough time to spend with families! But we had to squeeze it in before Florida.
When we came back we celebrated James' 6
th birthday!! Can you believe it! He is so old-that means I am so old! Here is James' birthday cake. It was this sweet cupcake cake he picked out at
Wal-mart. We got to go to the Drive-in and see
Rango (I wouldn't
recommend it at all).

For James' birthday we bought him a new bike. I was kind of nervous about getting it for him because he didn't know how to ride one without training wheels and wasn't showing a lot of interest in wanting to learn. So after all the coaxing and the threatening and the bribing he finally learned how to learn to ride a bike. He is in love with it now! We gave
Jordann James' old bike and that seems to be the only thing we do around here. I love it too! I don't know why but riding bikes around campus and to the park with the kids is so much fun! By far our favorite thing to do right now, while it has been a little colder, ya know, like low 70s.

So we went to a spring training game today. Rockies vs Mariners in case you were wondering. It kind of seems like a right of passage down here. Just one of the things you have to do. It was a lot of fun and we even had a couple of homers hit by us. Not gonna lie, I thought it was way funner than the Diamondbacks game we went to. Maybe because it was fun to torture my brother and sister with our nice weather. I did get a little burned if it makes you guys feel better.

We just put James in flag football. The season works out perfect for him to finish right before we leave. He is loving it right now and I can tell it is going to be so much fun to watch these little guys play! I am going to laugh my head off!! Pictures to come!
Jordann's biggest success is she learned, just tonight, the letter A. She has been really difficult to teach anything to and I have been kind of worried that she will go into kindergarten completely clueless but I am hoping some new methods and a little more consistency on my part will help her get going.
Mark's quarter has been quite a bit easier so far. We have seen him a lot more which is good because we need someone to pack all the boxes cuz we move in 8 weeks!!! Don't worry though, we still don't have a place to stay! Finding housing in Florida has been the bane of my existence right now. It has been so frustrating because it is so expensive over there and I don't know what the good areas are, plus I need to make sure I get James into a good school. So we are looking at living in 600 sq. feet! Remember when I was complaining about my apartment in Arizona!!! Now look where we are going to live! Plus I keep hearing about the cockroaches!! I keep telling myself that it'll be okay cuz we are going to be snorkeling and boogy boarding and going to Disneyworld right?!
I already cried in RS yesterday about having to leave Arizona! Wasn't I just crying about moving here? Needless to say we love it here, and wouldn't mind living here for the long haul. I do tend to get attached to people and places, I am just hoping I don't get attached to anything in Florida because I will be crying again about having to leave! I guess we will see!
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast in Idaho! I must say that I want to eat at Big Jud's now :) Good luck finding somewhere to live in Florida--and enjoy the beach for me!
Oh the Big Judds Ice cream brought back fond memories of high school! :)
Good luck In florida. I'm like you, I get attached and hate moving, but your so sweet your going to love it wherever you go!
hi, i'm your new stalker!! so glad i found your blog so i can keep tabs on you while you are in florida....ah its gonna be crazy!
Post a Comment