I have been wanting to put up some pictures of James' birthday but my number one priority right now is doing our taxes. Your not supposed to do taxes on Sunday right? So I get to blog tonight instead of doing taxes (way funner)! We had some things going on down at Mark's family's house on the weekend of James' birthday so we decided to do the party down there. It was my first kid party that I have ever done and I decided to make the cake this time. Of course it was a spiderman party (again), we are still doing the spiderman thing. Let me tell you this, I will never make a birthday cake again! It was the ugliest cake I have ever seen in my life! It only had one redeeming quality, the cool spiderman toy we put on top of it.

Originally I was planning on making a cake like my mom does for weddings with the raspberry filling in the middle but when I was done baking them I called my mom and asked her how I was supposed to get the cake out of the pan. Evidently you are supposed to put wax paper on the bottom of the pan before you put the batter in! Nobody told me that. The cake was also supposed to have red frosting too but I had a hard time finding the good food coloring that actually looks red and not pink. So we ended up with the masterpiece you see before you!

Luckily James didn't care. I don't know why I cared more about it than him, but I did! The kids had fun using spiderman masks and shooting the bad guys with squirt guns.

On the way down we stopped at Thanksgiving point to go to the dinosaur museum with Laura and some of the other cousins, which was really cool.


While we were waiting for Laura we stopped at Iceburg in Lehi to have an ice cream. (By the way, it was also a gas station too and it was the grossest gas station I have ever been too, not recommended.) I let the kids go to town on this huge ice cream and they not only covered their faces but made a huge mess of the table. They were so cute though, I had to take a picture of their grossness.
I don't know how many napkins it took to clean up our table and faces and sweaters, but it was a lot! As you can see!

2 comments:
It's not that bad...I've seen worse! When are you gonna come visit me??
It was fun and you can blame the cake on me and my awesome skills at picking out red food coloring!
Post a Comment