Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer in full swing!

So summer is finally in full swing. Other than all of the rain we have had (which is driving me crazy!!) We have a million things going on and there never seems to be enough weekends in the summer because we always have stuff going on. I haven't even gotten to go to a lot of yard sales this summer because of all the rain!
I do have some good news. Jordann went potty in the potty. It is so funny because with your first kid you are so excited to potty train but with your second you are (at least I am) putting it off till the last minute. Lately she had been telling me she had to go poo poo and then a few minutes later she would poop in her diaper. So finally I stopped being lazy and the next time she told me that I put her on the big potty (she doesn't like the little store bought one, which is fine with me because I just have to flush and I don't have to pour or clean anything). She totally went potty. She then went again that afternoon. Although this was a few days ago I didn't really try again to help her go potty because we were so busy with volleyball camp and stuff like that. So I finally put some undies on her today and she went several times today with only a little accident. I can't believe that she has been so good about it. I haven't really had to do anything. Knock on wood!
Anyways, other good news, Mark just got his first interview to graduate school. It is in Phoenix AZ. We would love it if he could get in there. Pretty much we would be excited about anything on the west coast, in comparison with New York or Cleveland. We are really excited but don't want to get too excited because it is very competitive. Here is how the process works. You and about three to four hundred other students apply to the school only about 80 to 90 people get interviewed and only about 30-40 people get into school. So it is a big deal to get an interview but he still has to charm them when he gets there. So in July we will be taking a quick trip to Arizona.
A MOMENTOUS occasion has occurred! If you refer to the picture below, that is me throwing away my mother's curtains!! Traci and I did not believe that it would be possible! I have no idea how old those curtains are but me and Traci have tried for many years to get her to get rid of them. If you haven't already heard, my mother is redoing her living room and bedroom. So Mark and I went up to help them get things going. We moved furniture and helped paint. I know her house hasn't been painted for AT LEAST 30 years! So this is a huge accomplishment. I have heard that they are almost done and am excited to seen the finished product! This is our wall that we ended up painting over. It was kind of a dilemma because it was our growth chart while we grew up.


This was our supervisor. As you can tell he did a good job of supervising. This is the work crew!
Last winter Traci and I found some cute girl clothes on clearance and got the girls matching shirts. So we had to dress them up and get cute pictures! Aren't they so cute!!This last weekend the kids and I went with Mark and his brother Kyle to the Utah Summer Olympic games. We had so much fun! We set up our tent at the field and watched the boys run.

It was fun for the kids to hang out with their uncle Kyle because they don't really know him since he has been on his mission for the last two years. They both loved him and I thought it was funny because James kept calling Kyle his "big friend."And then we went to Disneyland again. No wait, it's just Wal-mart.It was funny because I would get so nervous every time I would watch Mark run. I will probably be a nervous wreck when my kids play sports. Mark ended up taking 6th in the 100 meter dash. Which we all thought was pretty good since he hasn't run since high school and he was running against a bunch of young college runners. They did, however, bring home a gold medal in the 4x1. We just happened to sit next to some brothers who wanted to put a team together and one of them actually won the 100 meter dash. We had a lot of fun and are planning on doing it again next year, only next year we are going to have James compete too!

6 comments:

Alisha said...

I never thought I'd see the day that those curtains would be trashed! Way to go!

Liv said...

Those matching outfits are so cute!

It was great seeing you last night at the buffet :) You have such a cute family!

Nelson Family said...

glad to see those curtains go!!! yippie! Arizona would be fun!! we will cross out fingers for ya!

Nelson Family said...

our* spelling correction.. It is late and I am tired.. never blog then.. note to self, but that is when the house is quiet!

The DeGiulio's said...

Hey Lindsay! remember me :) I found your blog on Steph Chuggs. Your kiddo's are so big now I cant even believe it. I guess it has been about a year since our ward got split. How are things?
PS we have a blog too but its private so if you email me your email address I'll send ya an invite-jendegiulio@hotmail.com

Summers said...

How fun!! Your blog is way cute! Okay first of all how lucky are you that Jordan pooped on her own in the potty , next how long is her hair, and last I wish I could've gone to Disneyland with you- it looks like you guys had a blast!! We need to get together sometime especially if you might be moving soon!!!