Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Terrible Two Year Old!

So I love my child. I really do, but sometimes your own children just drive you crazy! Look at that cute face! I know I am biased, but I think she is so dang cute, but the personality comes with it!Look how cute she was when she was a baby! I wish I could say that she didn't drive my crazy then, but she still did!
There are many reasons why she drives me crazy but this is the big one-GOING POTTY! Can somebody please explain to me why somebody who knows how to use the bathroom just decides they don't want to do it anymore? I don't have that option! So she was practically potty trained completely. She was dry during naps and even would wake up in the morning dry and then all of the sudden she decided she didn't want to do it anymore. It wasn't like I forced her to do it in the first place, she practically potty trained herself. I just helped her get to the bathroom.
The other day she was finally showing interest in the potty again, so I thought she might need some motivation and put her in panties. After cleaning five wet spots on the floor and swishing the poopy undies in the toilet I gave up. The joys of children. The funny thing about her is she can make you laugh two seconds later. Her favorite saying right now is, "I'm just a baby mom." I try to tell her if she can say that, that means she isn't a baby, but she doesn't agree.
I have been trying to decide when to get rid of her binki. She loves it and I have been afraid of the aftermath that might occur if I do get rid of it. So I decided if she wasn't going to go potty I am going to get rid of it. It hasn't been too bad. Tonight was night three and she didn't cry like the other nights, which is a good sign right? But the girl has not taken a nap since I took it away, and when she doesn't get sleep it gets scary! I am just waiting for the complete meltdown. I hope you all are praying for me!
In other news, our house is almost ready for the market. We haven't put up the for sale sign yet but I would really like somebody to explain the market to me. How can the same two townhouses down the road be selling for ten thousand dollars difference?
Anyways, for anybody who had more than one girl, I do not comprehend how you are still alive? Maybe one day I will understand!

2 comments:

Nelson Family said...

I am still trying to figure out that potty training thing for my self. the first two where a breeze but convincing Cassie that poop should go in the toilet and not the undies is an on going task. She is excited for preschool. I told her that she could not go if she poohed in her pants.. I hope it works!! good luck with your girl. having 3 of them.. i still do not know many secrets to that society!

The Hawkins said...

I'll trade you potty training her for Peyton. I am using the preschool method with Peyton as well. When I drop Braxton off and Peyton doesn't get to go I am hoping that he will finally let it click.

Also, give the kids to Grandma Liza for a couple of days and forget a binki. It worked for me. I didn't mean to forget but I did and Peyton has never used it since.