Saturday, October 3, 2009

The crazy life!

So things have been a little crazy this month. Between coaching volleyball and taking James and Jordann to all of their little activities day to day. It is the busiest I have been in a long time. I know it only gets crazier when they are in school every day and have other activities outside of class. So far things have gone well other than the fact that Mark hurt his back pretty bad and has been out for a week and I swear I have been sick forever. Other than that we have been going to speech, preschool and kindermusik and volleyball. The kids love all of their activities and love going to the volleyball gym. I have one of the little sisters to the players come and watch the kids during games and practices. They just run around and play and have a good time. I coach the sophomore team and the JV team because they are basically the same team and then I stay to assist with the varsity team as well. So we are in the gym for over five hours on game nights. The other day the varsity coach's kids found some extra jerseys in the closet and were wearing them around. Eventually they put them back but Jordann wore her jersey the entire game and came home with it on. This is what she looked like after five hours in the gym. Don't you love the cheesy smile with all the dirt!So last year Mark found out that is was pretty cheap to get season tickets to all the BYU home games. He got a bunch of his family together and we all got tickets together. We were super excited for the first home game and left quite early. Even though we left in plenty of time the traffic was horrible and we barely made it in time for me to drop Mark and his brother off at the stadium while I looked for a place to park. I just drove and drove until I found a parking spot by the temple (which is quite far away). Then I followed the crowd to the stadium. I found out on my adventure that you can park next to the stadium at somebody's house for $25! Aren't I the nicest wife to do that for my husband. He promised me a foot rub and I still haven't received it! The next game we decided that Mark should take James. It sounded like they had a lot of fun and James even threw a football and won a t-shirt and towel.

Mark has already taught the kids the cougar fight song!

I heard about Kindermusik through one of my friends and it sounded like a fun and beneficial activity to put my kids in. After a few weeks of it I have noticed that they like to sing a lot more. They have always liked to sing but it seems we are constantly singing now. So here they are singing I Am a Child of God.

So I go to this spin class at Golds that I love and they have this track they play that I really like, and I found another version of it on iTunes and have been listening to it. I noticed the other day that Jordann knows the words to the chorus and also the words of a new Toby Keith song a really like. She not only knows the words she requests to listen to them often. I think it is so funny to listen to her! It shows you that you have to be careful to what you are listening to. You might not think they are really paying attention but they are!

5 comments:

Tanji, Jimmy Jay and Baby Taislyn! said...

Ya having a dancer would be bad. I guess you must think dancers are very stupid if it is as bad as having a cheerleader. Too bad Tanji was both, and still teaches dancing today. But i guess the positive thing about having a dancer is there are more lesbian volleyball players than dancers. No wonder why you hate my sisters also because they were all dancers. Don't worry ill let them know for ya.

The Hawkins said...

Is that why you hate us? Cause we are better than you?

The Hawkins said...

But that video of Jord was so cute.

Linsey said...

All right everybody. I am sorry if I offended anyone about dancers and cheerleaders. I love everybody and I edited my blog for you. Go team!

The Hawkins said...

Hahahahahaha. We were just joking you. That was fun. You know that we didn't care.