Friday, January 15, 2010

Weathering the Storm

Having a house is like having a child. They can bring you so much joy and yet drive you crazy. We are still in the battle of selling our house in this horrible market. I am hoping that if I can blog about it I can make some sense out of this mess. I absolutely love my house. I think it is so cute. We just painted our kitchen and put in a ceiling fan (and removed some wallpaper) and I think it has made our house look even nicer, but I have never been so ready to get rid of something I love so much. We have had three showings this week and met with a realtor today to discuss what our options are. The news was extremely depressing and frustrating. We have no equity in our house because the homes are selling for less than what we bought for a few years ago. So we cannot afford a realtor and it is just a matter of how much money we can lose. I know that we don't have it bad in comparison to what others have suffered and I am appreciative that I haven't had to go through what they have. It's tough because I know that we are all given our own challenges to get through. It seems like I am always going through these trials and they are one after another, after another. Then we brake the cycle and the Lord blesses us with so much, I just have to endure through the hard stuff. I feel like I am getting better at weathering the storm, the hardest part is not knowing how long the storm will last and wondering if I am going to make it that far, even though I know, deep down inside, the Lord won't give me any more than I can handle. Sometimes I wish someone would just tell me what to do, tell me what will be the best thing to do for my family, but I guess that is part of life's challenges, to make choices and then learn from your mistakes. I hope this hasn't been a downer blog, I do feel a little bit better.
We are planning on moving in May because school starts up for Mark the beginning of June, so I hope I get to spend a lot of time with family and friends before we leave to enjoy the hot Arizona sun. I am excited for James to go to school down there. I believe the schools in our area are supposed to be pretty good and I just found out I have a friend from high school who also lives there (yeah Collete). James has been talking about moving down there for a long time and is really excited, I don't think he realizes that we won't be seeing our grandmas as much. (He loves his grandmas a lot.) I am excited to live closer to the beach and Disneyland! To end on a really good note. I think that I almost have Jordann completely potty trained! She still has a few accidents but, all in all, she is doing really good! Whoever says that boys are harder than girls to potty train was wrong! Yeah, no more diapers!

7 comments:

crystal carlson said...

Hey Linsey! I was so excited that you found my blog (sorry it took me so long to respond--we were out of town for a while)! That's so exciting that you're moving to Arizona--hopefully you'll be able to hang out with Collette! Good luck selling your house, I hope you're able to soon without losing too much money :) Good luck with all of the moving plans too!

Ashley said...

Keep your chin up Linds. Sometimes life just really stinks, but like you said...deep down you know...life won't give you more than you can handle. Good news will come soon!

Merodene said...

Hope this "storm" ends soon for you. You will love Arizona. I just heard that my friend's daughter and family are moving to Glendale to go to med school too. She is from Iona...maybe you know her! We'll have to talk!! Love you!! BTW...yeah on the potty training!!!

Rick and Collette said...

Lins, that stinks about your house. I don't really know much about that stuff but I hope everything works out for you. Are you guys going to try and buy a house down here or just rent? Have I mentioned that I am so excited that you are moving down here! There are so many fun things that we can go do! It'll be so great!

Laurie said...

We'll have to be sure to get together before you guys move. It would be way fun to catch up! I have a sister in Arizona (Chandler) and she just loves it down there. I hope all goes well with your house!

Liv said...

It's tricky with real estate. Sometimes the money you think you're saving by not hiring a realtor is actually money lost b/c you have to pay extra mortgage payments due to a long listing.

My advice would be to consider an agent. The exposure an agent can get you might actually save you money in the long-run because you'll sell sooner and pay less mortgage payments.

It's a tough situation though- trying to relocate and take care of a family!! I hope you guys find some relief here and there to help you get through it!

Summers said...

I love you!! I am so glad that we got to live close to each other for a while! It will be weird not having you around for volleyball! But has been so fun reuniting!! Keep your head up!