Friday, February 19, 2010

Cookies for Jesus

So since James has been in primary for awhile he has been learning a lot about the gospel, but he seems to be most interested in Jesus. He is constantly asking me difficult questions about Jesus, where the explanation is hard for his (almost five year old) mind to understand. Questions like, why Jesus died and why doesn't he come to see us. He is really cute about it though. He'll say, "I've got an idea, we go home and go na-night and then Jesus will come and see us tomorrow." How do you tell a five year old that Jesus probably won't be coming to see us tomorrow? He has also started saying in his prayers, "please bless us that we will see Jesus and Heavenly Father."
Because of James' interest, that gets Jordann interested. Sometimes I forget that she is only two and a half. She was saying to me today, after looking at a picture of Jesus in the Book of Mormom, how she wanted to make some cookies for Him and that Jesus really likes cookies. I just had to laugh and agree that Jesus probably really likes cookies.
It's good to know your kids are grasping some elements of the gospel because sometimes I feel very inadequate to the task of teaching the gospel to my children, but my calling in the primary really has helped me in that area.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I totally understand! It's so hard to explain to them in a way they will understand. Journee gets really mad because she wants to see Jesus so bad. She knows that she will see him again when she dies, so she is always asking me "Mom, when am I going to die so I can see Jesus?" I never really know what to say after that. Good Luck!

Ashley said...

I think it's sweet. I feel so honored to be a Mother because I feel like I'm taught from my children every day, and there is so much to be learned from THEM. Become as little children right?

Liv said...

Making cookies for Jesus is the most adorable thing I've ever heard of.