Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life

So I have had a rough six months (since we put our house on the market), top it off with possibly one of the worst weeks of my life. It hasn't been like we have had life-altering illnesses or anything, just stress. I like to pride myself on not stressing out on things I can't control and just dealing, but not this last week. Anyways, I was going to sit here and whine to everyone about how rough my week has been but I decided that, instead, I am going to list several things that I am grateful and hopefully change my perspective a little bit.
I am grateful that we are all healthy! I am grateful that I have a hard working husband who has continually provided for our family, even if it has meant donating plasma two times a week, while going to school full time and working sixty hours (he really did do that, no exageration). I am grateful for family and friends who I know will always help me out with anything that I need. I am grateful that I have a home, not a house, a home. I am grateful that my husband got into graduate school so quickly (I know the Lord has a plan for this little family). I am grateful for faith (which I have struggled with this last little while, the first time in my life). I am grateful to go to the temple (especially the Manti temple, my true home). This may sound so petty coming after the temple, but I am grateful for volleyball. For some reason it has given me some stability throughout my life and has on, more than one occasion, pulled me out.
We were talking earlier about the saying, "when it rains, it pours." Our friend mentioned to us that it was a good thing we were moving to Arizona because it doesn't rain very much down there. I am hoping that will ring true in every sense of the meaning for this family of four.

3 comments:

Chance and Beth said...

That stinks you're having a rough time. We've all been there though. Thanks for thinking positive, I think optimism is contagious!

crystal carlson said...

Wow! You guys do have a lot going on right now! I hope things get better & good luck selling your house!

Rick and Collette said...

Hey lins. I just tried sending you an email but the email address you left me on my blog didn't work. I will leave you my address, cwebster83@yahoo.com. You can try emailing me and I can try and answer your questions. Hopefully you see this.:)