Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Denial

Has anybody else lived in denial. I'm not quite sure if I have ever truly lived in denial until now. We are supposed to be moving in a few weeks. But I just can't seem to wrap my mind around it. There are so many things that need to get done but it feels like I have all the time in the world to get them accomplished. When actually I don't have that much time, besides the fact that I have packed my schedule full of Dr. appointments and dentist and hair and everything else that I need to have done before we leave, I just can't seem to come to the realization that we are moving fifteen hours away from my parents and family. Maybe I am being a little dramatic but we have lived in Ogden for five years now and it is too weird to think that things are going to be changing drastically for us. When I think of moving to AZ, I picture me and the kids eating all of our meals outside our apartment like a picnic and going swimming half the day-to me, that just sounds too good to be true, like the vacation you really want to go on but you know is never going to happen.
I have two fears of moving to Arizona 1-that we will love it and never want to leave, thus pitting ourselves to living a long way away from our families and 2-that we will love it and then Mark will get a job in Idaho Falls and we will have to move from the hottest place to the coldest place. (Do you notice that both fears include loving Arizona. I'm dumb I know.)
Hopefully I can pull myself together and start packing and organizing and downsizing. I guess we will see if I wait until the day before the moving truck comes to start packing or if I will pull myself out of this denial to get going!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Good luck linds. I think we all live in denial to some extent. And I think it will be a good move, and you probably will love it, and that's ok.
I hope things go good for you!
Did you finally sell your house?

Nelson Family said...

Trent and I are toying with the idea of comming down to Arizona, One of our good friends is getting married in the temple down there the end of August.. maybe we can stop in and see you. We are hoping to find someone to watch the children for a few days while we fly down there for the wedding.
you will love the fabulous weather and I promise we will visit.. maybe that is a scary thought, but I love hot places! You will just give us all a great reason to take a vacation!!!

Chance and Beth said...

Oh I could use a little AZ today, woke up to snow! I know everything will be fine, and you will love it!!