We had a good
Christmas this year. I did awesome with my shopping so the kids still felt like they got a lot, between yard
saleing and shopping the sales we were able to spend less and still get a lot! We also got to spend
Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa Nelson which helped us feel a little bit like we were at home.
Grandma and Grandpa Winder sent us some presents this year and this was the big thing they sent us!

It is a ball that the kids can roll around in! I laughed my head off when we pulled it out of the box! We have had lots of fun with it!

We went to a couple of light displays while Grandma and Grandpa Nelson were here. It was kind of a tradition to go the the lights with them at the temple so I was glad we could keep that tradition going because we saw the Mesa temple lights this time! The
weird thing was that we didn't need to bundle up with lots of layers. We could just throw on our jackets and enjoy the lights without freezing!

We also went to a light display in Glendale and it was fun to see the palm trees with lights on them. But I still think temple square is the best lights I have seen yet.


The kids and
santa!

So Mark came home the other day and said to me, "What if I want you to come to Florida with me?" It's been crazy trying to decide what's going to be best for the family but it is sounding more and more like we are all going to go to Florida for six months now. I was frustrated at first but now I am excited to go live by the beach and go to
Disneyworld and experience as much of Florida as I can. I always dreamed of going on vacation to Florida and now I get to live there. I invite anybody who needs an excuse to come to Florida to visit. You can sleep on the floor in our living room
cuz I am pretty sure we will be living in the tiniest cheapest place we can find that is not in the ghetto!
It is funny how your perspective can change. At first I was horrified with our apartment in AZ because it was so small. Now as I contemplate moving to Florida and living in a smaller apartment I am grateful for this apartment and don't want to leave it!
Now that Christmas is over and all the big things to look forward to are over I am getting homesick! My little sister has a new baby I still haven't seen yet! We are hoping to make it home in February to see family because that will be the last chance we will have to see the families before we move to Florida. Mark hasn't been home since we left.
We are now seven months down and 20 left! But who's counting?!!
6 comments:
I can't wait to see you guys in February! I miss you guys a ton! It has been so dang cold here like negatives! It makes me jealous to read that it is 75 there. Why does anyone live here??? Oh well love you guys!!!
soo fun! We've sure missed you guys at all of the get togethers!It'll be good to see you again!
good luck in Florida, I hope you can enjoy everything while you are there, just look at it as a really nice long vacation!
Wow, pretty jealous of your warm Christmas! I bet that Santa was a little toasty in his suit! We flew in to Pheonix a couple of weeks ago for a lay over. You could just feel the warmth seeping through the walls between the plain and airport. ahhhhh. Florida will be great, just chalk it up to another experience for your family and now is the perfect time to do things like that before the kids get into school! We just moved to Pennsylvania this week for 18 months, feeling the homesickness too but it'll be alright and it just makes going home that much more exciting! :)
I missed it, what's in Florida? So exciting! 20 months will fly by. So happy for you!!
Okay so I haven't checked blogs for a while!! HOLY COW! How big are your kids!! Jordan looks totally different! Her hair is turning blonde and its so long. It really made me miss you guys! I am glad you are doing so well! And am totally stoked that you did a triatholon! Way to go super star!!!! Love you guys!!
Post a Comment