Weird things I have noticed in AZ-The elementary schools look like prisons! You can smoke anywhere outside a building (I believe in Utah you have to be 25 feet away from a building to smoke). Seeing all the girls and old women in their tiny little dresses (which I expected to see but is still weird). The fact that it is broad daylight at 6am and gets dark at 8pm is still making our bodies crazy. By 9pm we are both dead tired and want to go to bed!
The campus here is beautiful and we live a block away from the library and a couple blocks from a fun swimming pool. It has been an adjustment but we have almost got our house ready to go, so that makes us feel a little more at home. By the way, our apartment was made for someone with a wheel chair, so I feel like a monster while I am trying to cook dinner because the counter tops are so short and I feel really skinny when I walk through our doors because the are so huge! Here are some pictures of the last few weeks!
Here is the moving truck. Fun to see how little Jordann is compared to the truck!
Swimming at Katie's birthday party. She was just so cute in this picture I had to post it.
Hanging out with the grandparents. I think they were trying to get some time in while we only lived 2 1/2 hours away! Luckily we got to spend time with all of our grandparents before we left.
Sitting on the front porch while the boys loaded the moving truck up.
And the missing two front teeth! The extractions went really well and James has done well with no front teeth! More to come on quirky Arizona things!
Swimming at Katie's birthday party. She was just so cute in this picture I had to post it.
Hanging out with the grandparents. I think they were trying to get some time in while we only lived 2 1/2 hours away! Luckily we got to spend time with all of our grandparents before we left.
Sitting on the front porch while the boys loaded the moving truck up.
And the missing two front teeth! The extractions went really well and James has done well with no front teeth! More to come on quirky Arizona things!
5 comments:
Yay Linsey, you made it!! I was wondering if you were here yet. How fun for your family to have such a big change. Sounds like you have a good ward. That always helps to make new friends. I never get used to the sun coming up so early here. I guess it helps me get up earlier than I normally would. Your kids are so cute I would love to meet them. Lets get together soon and play. Call me if you need anything.
Oh my gosh we miss seeing you guys at church!!! Especially Jordann in nursery!!! Glad to hear you are getting settled! It's crazy how hard moving can be, especially to a different state! WOW! It will get better as time goes by! Keep us updated on how you guys are doing and how HOT it will get this summer! Hang in there! :) We really do miss you guys A LOT!!!!!!
How is Arizona?! Are the kids adjusting well? I am glad you found my blog! Now we can keep in touch!
How is Arizona?! Are the kids adjusting well? I am glad you found my blog! Now we can keep in touch!
Oh wow, sounds fun, and hott!! Are you close to Collette? So nice to have a helpful ward! Makes a huge difference. Good luck, stay cool!
Post a Comment